LCA is a non-denominational, board run school which currently leases space from Cornerstone Presbyterian Church.
The primary reason for the existence of Landenberg Christian Academy (LCA) is to provide a Christian education for its students. The school views itself as an extension of the Christian home for Christian families, as they fulfill their Biblical responsibility for the training of children. (Deuteronomy 6:6-7; Proverbs 22:6) LCA exists to assist parents in the nurturing and education of their children in a Christ-centered environment.
LCA partners with families to provide quality education, grounded in a Biblical worldview, to develop students of strong Christian character who embrace a life-long love of learning and impact the world for Christ.
Landenberg Christian Academy does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and/or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, tuition assistance programs, the arts and/or other school-administrated programs.
Based on the philosophy of LCA to be an extension of the Christian home, parents/legal guardians must:
- Support Christ-centered education for their child(ren)
- Read and understand the LCA Statement of Belief
Application for Enrollment (Click to see Admissions Process)
An application for enrollment is considered properly submitted when the following information has been completed and submitted to LCA:
- The completed application packet provided by LCA.
- The non-refundable application fee of $100 per student, $200 maximum per family. (This fee is in addition to tuition.)
- An official verification of your child’s birth date (i.e. birth certificate)
Continuation in the admissions process will be granted only after the above information and fee have been received.
*In the event of a full class, preference will be given to families with the earliest application submission date. Acceptance into LCA is granted only upon completion of the Admission Conference, signed contract and fee submission.
Admission Conferences and Evaluation
An admission conference will be held with both parents/legal guardians of the applying student. The admission conference provides an opportunity to confirm:
- the parents’/legal guardians’ desire for a Christian education for their child;
- the parents’/legal guardians’ understanding of Christian education;
- how family beliefs and practices are consistent with the LCA Statement of Belief;
- standard state requirements are being met (i.e. age, health records, etc.)
During the time of the conference or at another scheduled time, evaluations of prospective students will be conducted to determine individual levels of readiness for school and to ensure proper placement to maximize each student’s academic success.
If LCA becomes concerned that the belief or lifestyle of the family has changed from that of Biblical guidelines and/or the Statement of Belief of LCA, LCA reserves the right to apply a probationary period or discontinue enrollment.
The Preschool at Landenberg Christian Academy:
Preschool (3 year old): All students enrolled in the Preschool program must be 3 years of age on or before September 1st of the current school year. All students must be fully potty trained.
The 3 year old Preschool program meets two days per week (Tuesday and Thursday from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM).
Pre-Kindergarten (4 year old): All students enrolled in the Pre-Kindergarten program must be 4 years of age on or before September 1st of the current school year. All students must be fully potty-trained. LCA offers both a morning and full-day 4-year old Pre-Kindergarten program which meets three days per week (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday).
- The morning program meets from 8:30 AM to 11:30 AM. Optional Lunch Bunch (additional fee) is offered between 11:30 AM and 12:30 PM each day.
- The Pre-Kindergarten Enrichment Program is an extension of the morning program. This program is a full school day, meeting from 8:30 AM to 3:00 PM. (Please see the Tuition Rates & Fees schedule for specific pricing for this complete program.)
For questions regarding our Admissions Process, please contact us at Admissions@LCA-PA.com
Landenberg Christian Academy Elementary Grades:
Kindergarten: All students enrolled in the kindergarten program must be 5 years of age on or before September 15th of the current school year.
- The kindergarten program will meet Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM through 3:00 PM.
1st through 6th Grade: All students enrolled must meet PA State age requirements.
- The Elementary programs will meet Monday through Friday from 8:30 AM through 3:00 PM.
Before and After Care: LCA offers Before and After school care based on popular need. Please inquire during the admission conference for additional information.
Parents have an active and joint responsibility with the school for the education and upbringing of their children. Parental involvement, through volunteer hours, encourages this partnership. There are a variety of opportunities for parents to fulfill the required hours such as: attending PTF meetings, assisting the teachers with classroom functions, donating refreshments, attending field trips, etc.
LCA reserves the right to amend this information.